Sunday, October 31, 2004

 

Dreams

A cousin was here last night, in the same room as I was, for an eleventh-hour revision for an important exam 2 days later. Hence, I wasn't able to write as much as I wanted to. Good luck to her, and I think she needs all the good luck she can garner. But not at the expense of my bottle of 'good luck'. Cos it's running out, so is my bottle of 'happiness'.

Let's try and make it up a little today, shall we?

I had a weird dream couple of nights ago. It was one of those dreams that I remember with amazing vividness after I woke up. I was on vacation in another country and I met him. I went up to him and asked if I could take a picture with him as a memento and he rejected it outright. I walked away indignantly, feeling insulted and proclaimed loudly that I didn't need it and it was no big deal. And after what seemed like minutes, he came up to me, held my arms and said he would like a picture with me too. I felt my stomach cringe in my dream. He said he was sorry for his behavior and explained he didn't want to attract the attention of others around him just now. And in my dream, I suddenly recalled that he was a well-known person with an almost celebrity-like status. I smiled at him and touched his arms lovingly. We took a picture. Not a great picture but it seemed we didn't have time to take another picture. He turned and walked away and was quickly lost in the crowd. I ran after him and grabbed his hand. I told him to take my email and we can write. This is the weirdest part of the dream. It was as if I suddenly remembered he wasn't a stranger and he was someone I have always known. I told him not to feel pressured into a relationship, we will see how it goes and even if our relationship doesn't lead us anywhere romantically, I would still very much want to be a part of his life as a friend. That's how important you are. So I said "please stay in touch". I supposed he concurred with me. He grabbed me by my hand and we visited lots of places together, and it was literally a whirlwind romance, in every sense of the word (it was like watching the fast-forward version of a tape), at least it felt that way in the dream. After sometime, I told him I was going to be late for my flight and I had to go. He asked me to stay and said we could wait for the next flight to Vegas and his exact words were "let's get married in Vegas". I told him I didn't even know him and quite abruptly we waved goodbye. and I woke up. I was pretty emotional when I woke up and was almost crying.

I guess I know what it means.

I think it was a pretty romantic dream until the "let's get married" part. I don't know about you but I like the idea of living vicariously through our dreams. It's part fantasy and part reality somewhat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?