Wednesday, November 17, 2004

 
Dear dear, what have you done to me? You spoilt me rotten. Where can I find another person who will intrigue me like you did? Expand my vision like you did? Continually stimulate me intellectually like you did too? You set the bar so high, and how can anyone measure up to you? Each time I meet someone new, invariably I end up comparing them to you and see how they hold up. But you are a tall order. It's unfair to them and most of all, unfair to me.

You know how pretty boys hold no appeal for me. I need someone who is at least my intellectual equal (and I don't even think I am nearly as intelligent as you gave me credit for) to talk about worldly matters, contemporary issues, social science, psychology etc. Apparently it is indeed a tall order to meet someone like that. Are you really one in a million? I just enjoy engaging conversations. What's wrong with that? People choose visually more appealing people to date. I simply want to have a choice of dating people who appeals to and stimulates my intellect. People think I am a snob, but I really just want a significant other who gets me, who can at least hold a decent conversation with me. Am I any more snobbish than someone who decides who to date based on their appearances? No one wants to grow old with someone who is stupid. Maybe like what AL said, maybe we don't deserve any better.

We hold out for everything and we eventually end up with nothing - this resonates with such unnerving reality for me. We hold out for the illusion of Prince Charming but the reality is that we might end up with nothing. My day of nothing seems to be getthing closer.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?