Monday, November 08, 2004

 

Nutcases

Sometimes I wonder.

If my guy has no chance of being selected at all, if you have already made up your mind to select another, why do you still patronise me so by doing all you can to mislead me into thinking otherwise? Luckily, yours truly is not that dumb. Is it because you don't know how to reject me? Let's keep it professional. I won't take it personally. Doesn't mean he's bad, just that he may not be a good fit. And you may have a host of other considerations. I can handle the truth, trust me. I just don't want the guy to have his hopes raised so high it will crush him to pieces if he fails to land the job. And it's a bloody waste of my time to set up those meetings. I think you are a nice person and you don't want to make it appear like you are making things difficult for me and you would rather leave it to another director to do the rejection after he perfunctorily goes through the motions of interviewing. Rejection is part and parcel of my job. I appreciate candidness and an upfront attitude better. I don't know if I am being over-sensitive, but all those things that you are telling me seem to send ominous signals. I hope I am wrong.

To you, please understand sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?