Sunday, November 28, 2004

 

The ugly plastic ring that's mine

You know how some gifts just grow on you? They don't catch your eye at first glance, but you grow attached to them after sometime.

Someone gave me a big, flashy plastic ring last week. Very showy, it's huge and looks like a big rock on my small fingers. It just screams for attention to the wearer's finger. Totally out of synch with my usual taste for dainty accessories and I felt an instinctive distaste for it. The only redeeming quality is the relatively simple design which plays down the ostentation attached to its sheer size. But yesterday, I thought I would just wear it for fun and guess what, now I simply adore it! The delicate little crystals are just like stars in the galaxy and its big size complements my small fingers perfectly. Some pesky spider commented that it looks cheap. But hey, it's not supposed to look otherwise. It's a plastic ring meant to be worn casually. It takes nothing less than a girl like me to do it justice. Ok ok, I concede I am cheap...hahaha. A nice change from my usual penchant for small rings or bracelets, with intricate design. What can I say? Big is beautiful, babe! It's still ugly but it's my ring.

More entries coming up, I am on a roll today!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?