Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 
I am so bored these days. Nic is away and things at work are slow. I had expected longer hours when I took up this job than what I am putting in presently. And I can find no one to party with.

Oh yeah. Something interesting happened this morning. In retrospect, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But hey, it's considered a highlight in my otherwise boring day. At least it made my heart jump. I think my neighbour, or rather Nic's neighbour tried to chat me up, until he realised I am actually attached, and to his neighbour, no less. And he was slightly embarrassed. So great way to start my morning off! But isn't it weird getting chatted up by your neighbours? But he seems like quite a nice guy. Now, who dare say I am not attractive to local goody decent guys? Here's a nice boy-next-door guy who tried to chat me up. For the record please.

And Nic is coming back tomorrow night. And this is highlight of tomorrow. Sometimes I wish he would buy me something, anything at all, during his overseas trips, to let me know that I was at least on his mind while he was away. That he thought about me and remembered me. Just some gift to show me that. I am a romantic junkie in that way. 4 Days is pretty long, in my opinion. You need to do better than just one phone call per day. It need not be anything expensive. And I don't want to have to tell him to buy me something, which if I did, will defeat the intended purpose of the gift in the first place. I don't want him to grab just anything at the duty free shops out of obligation. Anyway, I think it's too much to ask of guys. Guys, normally don't wear their hearts on their sleeves this way. I think I will just cut him some slack here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?