Wednesday, May 25, 2005

 
Nic said he probably needs to stay for a video conference on Friday evening, so most likely he would only be able to join me for the team-bonding session pretty late, that is if I want him to accompany me. I still have no idea whether the others are bringing any dates along.

I still remember (with no fondness) my first clubbing experience, which was absolutely awful and I really don't relish the idea of having to relive those awful memories again, unless absolutely necessary.

I was 19, very uninitiated as far as the clubbing culture was concerned. I went with a group of gfs who were experienced, hot, sexy and great dancers. And I was plain, simple, gheeky and seriously, couldn't dance to save my life. Anyway, a group of us started gyrating on the dance floor. My gfs were so hot! I was so envious of them! So naturally they got chatted up quite a lot, but being relatively experienced, they really knew how to handle such situations and fend off any unwanted advances. For me, I felt really out of place, but continued to linger on the dance floor cos I didn't want to sit alone. Then there was this guy who was half-drunk and high, who started to dance very close to me. I just moved away each time and paid little attention to him. Then suddenly he grabbed me from behind, trapped both my arms with his, and started rocking his body against mine and feeling my ass with his hands. It got me so freaked out and I screamed! No I hollered. Yelled. He let me go and said 'bitch' very loudly. I felt so angry, and violated and everyone looked at us with this amused look on their faces. His friends came forward, apologised to me and brought him away. As he was pulled away, I could still hear him saying 'bitch, fuck off, ugly, uptight bitch etc.'

That really put me off. I was put off by the whole clubbing thing and decided it's just not for me. My clubbing experiences after that were significantly better, at least I wasn't groped and felt up, probably cos I have learnt to be more aware of my surroundings. But it's still something I would rather not do, even till now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?