Thursday, June 30, 2005

 
Nic will be going to HK next Monday, and will be back on Thursday. He was supposed to have left last week, but due to the extension of some deadlines for some project, his presence is not needed until next week. He has asked me to join him. It's so tempting, but I think not. Cos I have sent out some job applications and I want to be around lest someone tries to contact me for any interviews. And without him to distract me, I hope my job search will be more fruitful. *grins*

So by the time he comes back from HK, let's hope my job search would have taken some shape at least.

I so dread going back to my parents' these days. Cos I know they will be on my back to no end about my unemployed status. It's alot of pressure for me. They don't say it (cos I think it hurts them too much to have to acknowledge it), but I can see the disappointment in their eyes. I was the one with the most potential when we were growing up. They had the highest hopes for me. But now I am reduced to being part of the unemployment statistics. Even the bank doesn't care to have me for a lowly secretary. What can I say? This is so depressing.

On the other hand, Nic makes me feel good about myself. I don't know if he's genuine about it or you know if he's just trying to be more encouraging, but it feels good to know that someone still has such faith in you. I think I am really in love with Nic. My gfs tell me so. They can see my eyes literally lighting up whenever I talk about him.

Nic's baby sister called him long-distance last night to just catch up. She said she missed hearing his voice. How sweet... :) They are really tight. How I envy such tight brother-sister relationships. She's two years older than me and is the Princess in the family, being the baby and all.

OK, back to my pet project.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?