Monday, June 06, 2005

 
So verdict is out on my employment status. My last day will be this Friday. Definitely not the kind of outcome I desired, but it was something I expected. It's good to always expect the worst, so that if it materialises, at least you are prepared for it. I expected it but it was still kinda disappointing when the news was actually revealed to me. Not that I necessarily like working with the people there, just that I have been there for 3 months, so I feel some kind of emotional attachment to the job and everything else that's associated with it. Yeah, I am that kind of person who gets attached easily. And also largely because I yearn for some sort of stability in my working life. I especially hated the way they took so long to let me know. It turned out that they had been interviewing replacements for me for quite some time already. And they still had the cheek to ask me, no, demanded me, to stay until the end of the week to do a handover to my successor. You know technically, I can refuse this 'request', as the last day of my contract is stipulated at 6 June. But what the heck, I just hope for a good reference from them in job search. And it appeared that my boss didn't know about the above developments at all, or so he would like me to believe that he didn't. But I don't really believe him or anyone in the office now for that matter. He had to know about the interviewing of replacements part! He had to interview them, didn't he?? So I don't know his motivations for lying, if he indeed is. Maybe he just wanted to make me feel better.

He said lots of things, not all of which I was truly convinced. The HR broke the news to me in the morning. Apparently, according to him, he didn't know they had already told me, and he expressly told them he wanted to speak with me first before they did. He thinks I am a good secretary, just that for this position, after much review and deliberation, they felt it more apt to have a multi-tasker who can relieve the workload of some of the analysts in their research duties etc etc... oh whatever.

Verdict No. 2 is not out yet. Rather I can't bear for it to be out. After the bad news in the morning, I wasn't sure I was ready for another shocker. So I met Nic for lunch and tried to wriggle my way out of it. He tried to persuade me to go so that I could put my mind at ease. But I was adamant about not going, so there was nothing he could do. I told him I don't think I am pregnant. In fact, I am convinced I am not. But seems like my body is determined to tell me otherwise. But the thought of going to the doc's for the specific purpose of a preg test freaks me out. He said he will be with me. I won't be alone. I know, but it's so scary and after having gone through a firing session this morning, I wanted to do all I could to postpone going through yet another ordeal. So we agreed on lunch tomorrow again. Please let my period start by then.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?