Sunday, August 14, 2005

 
Ok, I just started on a new job. About 3 weeks ago.

And apparently Nic knows my boss, or rather, my big boss, though he knows her only as a passing acquaintence after they were being introduced to each other at some function last Friday. According to him, she's alright, pleasant enough, which is good to hear. But then again, everyone is pleasant at such functions. And yes, I have never met her before, cos I am not senior enough. Given they are both members of this particular 'business club', I guess there will be plenty of opportunities for them to meet each other again. She's a new member who joined only 3-4 months back, but somehow Nic and her had never formally met till last Friday.

But she probably doesn't even remember Nic now. You meet so many people at such functions it's impossible to remember all of them. By his own admission, this happens to Nic sometimes. The only reason she left an impression on him was because of the company she's affiliated with. According to her, our company does have business dealings with Nic's, which was news to both of us, but probably didn't come as a big surprise. But Nic doesn't deal with us directly, a couple of his subordinate managers do.

Alrighty, enough about this big boss I have never even met myself.

My new job is ok, so far so good. Could be better of course. The good thing is that my office location is so near to Nic's, but cos I start so early, we can't have breakfast together. We could if I wanted to, but I would rather just sleep for another 30 mins more.

I don't know what else to write actually. Work is just work. It's not something I particularly enjoy, but it seems like something I have to do.

Nic's actually planning on going to Europe for his upcoming vacation this September / October. He was actually banking on me not starting on a new job till November or later, so that we could take the trip together to be in time for the Oktoberfest. (Yes think lots of beer! ) But honey, give me more credit than this. I don't think I am that unemployable. Anyway it seems like he might have to take the trip alone if he doesn't want to put it off to one year later. He's still thinking about this.

If he's going ahead with the trip, he would be away for at least 3-4 weeks. I am really gonna miss him. His business trips, which by the way is getting more frequent since the beginning of this year, keep us apart often and long enough, and we really don't need more time away from each other. So honestly, I really hope he would shelve the plans for now. But I also know how much he's looking forward to a long vacation. Then again, it's the company that matters most when you are on vacation. Does it matter where you go to? If it's a short trip over a weekend, I could probably do something to accomodate it. But 3-4 weeks in Europe is out of the question.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?